2017 National Championship Qualifying
Each flight, per local Tour, may qualify up to 33% of their Tour Players. Tour Players who have qualified through a Major Championship, Past National Champion, Top Five and ties from 2016 National Championship will not count against a Tour’s % allotment. In order to receive an invitation to compete in the National Championships, a player must be both “Eligible” and “Qualified”:
A Tour Player becomes eligible for the National Championships by completing seven (7) tournament rounds on the Am Tour, two (2) of which must be local tournaments, with the following restriction:
Two (2) of the tournament rounds must come on/after June 1, 2017
A tournament round is considered a posted 18-hole tournament score.
The following is how players can qualify for the 2017 National Championships in order of priority:
1) Past National Champions
2) Top 5 and ties from 2016 National Championships
3) Top 3 and ties from a 2017 Major Championship
4) Any 3-time local tournament winner from the 2017 season (non-major)
5) Any player who earns a Performance Promotion during the season and remains in the promoted flight
6) Top three, not exempt in another category, from the 2017 Order of Merit
7) Top 33% of each flight per Tour
8) Top two finishers and ties, not exempt in another category, from the local (home) Tour Championship
Qualifiers for the Senior and National Championship must be a member in good standing with Am Tour. A position in the field is not guaranteed and is limited to the first 600 per Championship.